Friday 20 January 2017

Litany of Lawyers Comic Poem, Benedict Brooke

A litany of lawyers
Looking like Tom Sawyers
Twelve years old if they’re a day
Mischievous and creatin’
A rumpus and all statin’
“We guarantee, no fee, no win no pay!”!
They’re circling at my bedside
And someone at my headside,
Is guiding my hand to sign a contract
Saying “You need testimony
Then leave the rest to me...”
We’ll see you rich – and that’s a fact!”

“So you had a little accident,
This’ll be money well spent”
“Hold On, I thought you said no fee?”
“You’re gonna have your day in court,
Then just as an afterthought
“Now kindly sign your rights over to me…”
I guess that I’d been in a crash
Had a broken leg and some whiplash
Hold on, these guys said they came for free!

Now they’ve taken all I’ve got, and that wasn’t such a lot
They took my money, took my house and all my clothes in lieu
And all they said to me was “Thought you knew.”






No comments:

Post a Comment