Sunday 29 January 2017

Rough Music Story on Amazon

“Rough Music” is my last fictional story, set in 1970s America.  I wrote it a year or so ago, and I hope someday to write more “band stories” but for the present I’m working on editing my partner’s poems and stories.  “Rough Music” is set some time ago (think when I was a kid) . Bands worked on the road for much of the time.  Tours were long and hard and  many marriages broke down under the strain of the men (usually) being away for such long periods, and their finding other women on the road while their wives were at home with the house and children.  My two chief characters Jeff and Brandon are good friends and they are a bit guilty about the way that their work means they don’t spend enough times at home and that they have other women and use drugs to ease the stress of travelling. but they are men of their time and don’t feel overly guilty… However Jeff finds that when he divorces one wife and marries another, he’s in a similar situation.  He’s still not that close to his wife.  She is annoyed that he is away so much and that there are other women.

I try to make my characters realistically male, which means they would usually prefer to hang out with their buddies and play games and drink, than to be home all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment