Wednesday 1 July 2020

Rough Music by Nadine Sutton


this is a  “band” story set in the US, in the late 1970s.   This isn’t a romantic love story and does not have a happy ending. It’s more of a work story, about music and the life of an up and coming band.  I’ve based it on what I’ve read about country singers in the days when touring was a constant part of their lives.  It was hard work and took its toll on the marriages of many singers.   But I love the music of the 1960s and 70’s.  I love country pop, people like Glen Campbell... and I also love the Williamses… especially Hank Junior.  I enjoy Lynrd Skynrd.  So my story is all about that sort of life…   
The band is headed by 2 singers who are good friends, but who have difficult marriages and romantic problems  due to their profession and the constant touring.  And they are devoted to their music and worry about the compromises they have to make, to get ahead in the music world...


No comments:

Post a Comment